Sarah at Speakuplibrarian has tagged me. This is a fun way to get to know other bloggers better. So here are the RULES.
1) Each player must post the rules at the top.
2) Answer the questions in bold
3) Tag five people you would like to know better, go to their blogs, let them know they’ve been tagged and ask them to read your blog.
This is just for fun, so don’t feel like you have to play. Here are my answers to the questions…
What I was doing ten years ago.
I was a part-time law student and working for Barclays Bank during the day. Only averaging 3 hours sleep a night and developing a nice pair of black eyes.
Five snacks I enjoy:
3. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
4. Sausage rolls
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy a beach front property
2. Set up a centre offering fully accessible leisure activities
3. Start a charity, run by deaf people for deaf people
Jobs I have had:
1. Pensions – the kiss of death, really!
2. Banking – loved it, the pressure was on every day.
3. Fitness instructor – complete with rude clients!
4. Trainee lawyer – hated corporate, loved personal injury.
5. Finance consultant – travelling around the country fixing other people’s systems, I was really making a difference to operations and it was a nice challenge too. I never knew who the next client would be.
6. Finance manager – once I had ‘fixed’ the system, it quickly became a boring and stale job.
7. Deaf awareness trainer – freelance. Love doing this and making a difference.
8. Careers consultant – helping people find their way. I never know who the next client will be or what they will ask me. Love it.
1. That first coffee in the morning. Without it, I start dying slowly…
2. Mouse potato
3. Sneaking photos of people
Five places I have lived:
1. A house styled after the local church and it’s steeple, painted white inside and out – Ireland
2. A Victorian house with an Aga in the kitchen, which was the soul of the house (as it should be) – Ireland
3. A city apartment with sunny balcony and tortoiseshell cat – downtown Chicago
4. A Georgian house with ants in the laundry room, my bedroom ceiling fell in when it rained – Gibraltar
5. A beautiful but freezing Georgian apartment with wood floors, freezing because the ceilings too high and rooms too big, but with a lovely big garden – London
Five people I would like to get to know better:
1. Colette of Lette’s Blog
2. TutleyMutley of KnitKnack Paddywack
3. Flirty of Irish Flirty Something
4. Roads of Roads of Stone
5. Claire of Gingerpixel